Session path "/nfs-disk1/home/kraina/domains/" is not writable for PHP!

Lokalna Grupa Działania „Zielony Pierścień”
ul. Żeromskiego 1
24-150 Nałęczów
Tel/fax 81 50-16-140

Contact us!

Send route link

the palace-park complex, designed by Jan Christian Schuch



While in Dęblin, it is also worth following the black southern trail that is 3.95 km long. Proceeding along Spacerowa Street, you will reach the palace-park complex, designed by Jan Christian Schuch in 1779. Apart from monumental oaks, lindens and elms, the park also features the exotic cork oaks, as well as a pleasant pond with an island.


The short, merely 820-metre-long black northern trail runs along Dworcowa and Wiślana Streets and encompasses the noteworthy Nadwiślańska Railway Station Complex and the Church of Christ the Merciful.


The construction of the Dęblin railway station dates back to the 1870s and 1880s, while its reconstruction took place in the 1940s. The eastern part of the railway station is a wooden, one-storey building with timbering, built on an elongated rectangular plan, with two symmetrically placed garrets covered with the hip roof (the external and middle parts are covered with the pitched roof made of tinplate). The two-storey, brick western part of the railway station was also covered with the pitched tinplate roof.


Also worthy of attention are the former motive power depot and the railway management board office, also known as “Belweder.” Interesting residential buildings, originally designed for the families of higher-ranking railwaymen, are located in the immediate neighbourhood of the station. Three identical brick two-storey buildings of a villa type, covered with the mansard roof and featuring richly ornamented façades stand out in particular. Also worth noting is the historical technical equipment of the station, such as the “old” motive power depot dating from the late 19th century, and the “new” one, build in the 1940s, as well as two water towers, lattice bridge, signalling control, lineman’s house and water cranes.


Located slightly further down the road (ul. Wiślana 69), the wooden church boasts an interesting history. The building, dating from the first half of the 18th century, was initially located in the village of Łosice, and until 1878 it served as the Ukrainian Greek Catholic church. After the tsar liquidated the Ukrainian Greek Catholic parish, the church was taken over by the Roman Catholic parish. In 1929 Father Feliks Augustyniak, who strived to establish a parish in Dęblin, obtained a permission from the bishop, the parish priest, and the Roman Catholic parish council in Łosice to sell the no-longer-used former Ukrainian Greek Catholic church for 1,500 Polish złotych and to transfer it to Dęblin. On May 22, 1929, the bishop established the Parish of Pope Saint Pius V in Dęblin at 1 Maja Street. The church was expanded in 1960, and the adjacent new brick church was built in the years 1975–81. The old wooden church changed its location for the third time: in the years 1986–87, it was relocated to Wiślana Street, where the Parish of Christ the Merciful was established in 1986.




Virtual tours